Yesterday I was watching 'worlds most amazing animal videos '
when i am greeted by one of bullfighting in which the bull hit the matador.
Oh hilarious amazing video.
Well we all know how the bulls turbulent life ended. speared and bleeding to death.
I wished the matador died. That is what scares me about my reaction.
As i watched the tv i felt undefinable rage.
Rage of which i have never felt in my life. The poor helpless bull stood there blood pouring out of it. Desperate to understand why he was being inflicted this systematic torture.
I have never been so appalled by ''cultural '' traditions in my life.
The more i reasd the more sick i felt. I was overcome with shame that id never even realised this brutality existed anymore. I was ashamed to be part of the human race. I wouldnt even upset you with the gorey details if you want to see look it up. It is not for the faint hearted and it is certainly not for me. I have never been so saddened in my life.I shudder in horror over the sad spectacle of human cretinism as I brood over the possibility of a viable future for such a disturbed and demented species. I contemplate how much the future of humanity depends on its ability to end wicked traditions, to stop hating animals and the natural world, and to adopt an ethics of reverence for life. Of course humans are cruel to one another and need to bring peace to interpersonal relations, but their war against nature is far more costly and arguably lies at the root of the current evolutionary impasse. In so many ways, the “animal question” is central to the human question.The tragic flaw in the human species is its historical need to define itself not only as radically different from all other species, but also as infinitely greater and more advanced. This schizophrenia is a general human phenomenon, but Spaniards have elevated cruelty to an “art form,” which in fact is how they view bullfighting.
I have never felt such a loss in faith of mankind before.
"Of all animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." --Mark Twain
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment